Sunday, August 5, 2012

4 Days of Adventures With Daily Paper Prompts

Once again, Tammy at Daisy Yellow has enticed my participation in making art with a simple daily prompt. And, while I've done the first 4 days ON PAPER, once scanned they sign away all rights to staying the way they WERE when I scanned them!!


Day #1 was Paint A Rainbow. I had painted some thing or other and cut it all up so I had only to paste the pieces of my somewhat linear rainbow and here's what that netted me:


Day #2 was Windows. Since I have about a gazillion Leftovers from shapes I've cut out, I really looked forward to this one. I still have a bunch of my fishies and sea critters left, too, so this seemed a grand excuse to pair them up. And the result of THAT?!


Of course, by the time I got these scanned and started digital fiddling with them... 



Which I found pretty cool, a combined Rainbow[s] in Window[s]. FUN!!!

Onto Day #3 and Drips... Oh my. I couldn't really get things to play well so my dripping mostly was a mess and I ended up spraying water and making even more mess. Again, Picasa saved the day BEcause I ended up making a sort of lemonade out of my lemon-drip attempts...




It never ceases to amaze me what happens when I make "a mess" that is transformed into something completely else once the digital fiddle takes the stage!!!


And finally, Day #4, Flowers... I admit, I am mostly NOT one to draw, but Tammy offered up such a simple tutorial that I thought, Hey, what's to lose?! And so I give you my flowers, digitally fiddled with, but of course ;~D



And wouldn't you know... today while I was just BEing, I picked up my paintbrush and watercolours and created this:



8 comments:

Ginny said...

Each piece was beautiful. I love to feel the wind sing!

Vicki Holdwick said...

Wonderful colors, love the rainbow pages,

xoxo

Frances Clements Fawcett said...

BEautiful! I'm inspired by your DPP pages (love the flowers and rainbow pages especially) as well as your heart-centered bio. Thanks Currie!

In Gratitude,

Frances from Port Townsend, WA

Frances Clements Fawcett said...

BEautiful! Your first week of DPPs are colorful and lovely. And I adore your Bio - it sings with inspiration and joy!
In Delight,
Frances

Frances Clements Fawcett said...

Hi Currie! BEautiful and inspired series of DPPs - I'm especially fond of your rainbow squares and flowers.
In Delight,
Frances

PS - Fantastic, heart-felt bio that is full of your contagious joy.

Frances Clements Fawcett said...

Hi Currie! BEautiful and inspired series of DPPs - I'm especially fond of your rainbow squares and flowers.
In Delight,
Frances

PS - Fantastic, heart-felt bio that is full of your contagious joy.

Andria said...

Lovely work with Tammy's prompts! I did not end up getting started with the Daily Paper Prompts, so I love seeing what you are doing with them. And I never mess around digitally, so it is interesting for me to see the fun you have with it. Enjoy!

Natasha said...

I love your digital playing...I want to explore that, I will add it on to the list of things I want to explore...I certainly should never be able to say I am bored! :)

I love your cut up linear rainbow, and your sea life...stunning!