Friday, August 3, 2012

In Series ~ My Maiden Artist's Play Room Adventure

I used to BElieve that I had to BE or DO or HAVE something "more" BEfore I could participate and play with others. I think, NOT to go all psychoanalytical, that this was a bad seed planted in me at the tail end of 4th Grade... I've been challenging it lately, or mayBE I am just noticing it, but what I am finding is that as much as I want to PLAY with others, there are others looking for people to PLAY with them. Perhaps even "more" of them than I could have ever imagined...


So, it is with that brief blah blah blah-dee-blah-dah that I step into this week's Artist's Play Room's "In Series" Challenge, my first ever. [If I've NOT got the process down pat, please don't hesitate to let me know and tell me what I did or didn't DO that I need NOT or TO DO next time. Thanks.


Over on another of my blogs, 366 Daze of Grace, I have collected a bazillion photos of Gracie Mae, my Golden "BFF" & my Service Dog. Each morning I choose one, fiddle with it, upload it, and then write a few words. 


I've noticed some mornings or weeks of mornings, I go back to the same well over and over. I seem never to tire of the strolls over our last 7+ years... In them I have several "series" which were either taken all on the same day or are similar Gracie-isms that seem to cross Time.


This little series is probably one of my favourites. These were all taken about 2 weeks after Gracie and I met and chose each other, outside our home in Sedona, AZ. I never seem to tire of them, although I have to say it's been awhile since any of them landed in 366 Daze!!



Fascination with lizards and rocks...

Where the heck did that one...

Okay Now, I think I've got this...

Ah-Hah!! You can't get away from me NOW!!

Hey!!! Where did it go?!

It's funny, even Now as I am writing this she is still right BEside me, though at the moment snoozing, and just the same silly and wondrous girl I first saw way way back then...

I like playing here. Thanks for opening the door!!!



just add water silly's blog hop link

13 comments:

TwinkleToes2day said...

Well I think they are thE cutest series this week!! :0)

Jennifer McLean said...

This is the cutest dog ever. Thanks for sharing your sweet series and welcome to the artist's play room. Hope to see you around these parts again.
Best,
Jenn

Marilyn said...

Aren't dogs just the greatest? Sounds like you have one with special abilities. That's wonderful.
This series of images is so charming -- so puppy!

Serena Lewis said...

I love your 'Gracie' series, Currie! I am going to have to visit your other blog....I love all things 'doggy'. :)

Fallingladies said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing your series with APR, the more the merrier!

VonnyK said...

I agree, I'm not a dog lover, but that is the cutest series yet. You have one cute little fluff ball there.
Von

Neesie said...

Welcome Currie,
I've not been playing in the playroom for very long myself, but I've had such fun so far ;D
I hope you do too because your first entry is a winner! Gracie May is so cute...you had me from the first photo!
Just adorable! ^..^
Neesie (APR#9)

Gloria j Zucaro said...

What an adorable pup! I must confess, though, even when I enlarged the photos, I can't find the lizard! Glad you decided to jump into the Playroom.

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

I love your series of pictures of Gracie. I'm glad you've joined us at the Artist's Playroom. I've been playing with Jenn and the rest of the artists for almost 2 months, and they are a very loving and supportive group to be a part of. I'm an artist and a techer too, working with gifted and talented students. Blessings!

Inspired By June said...

Simply adorable! great shot sequence, Currie!

Darla said...

I enjoyed your photo series. Hope to see you again at APR, it is a lot of fun isn't it?

Darla

Terrie said...

So glad to see you here - and the best part of this group is that anything goes. If your medium is photography and your adorable pup is the subject, then it's perfect. Look forward to seeing more of your contributions. Maybe you'll inspire me to get back to playing with PAF - I did it for months and now haven't for months....

Tracey FK said...

So glad you have joined along... and yes I am really late visiting... but I have to say this is just the sweetest series... I am such a sucker for puppies... babies do nothing for me, but show me a pup and I am instantly in love... so I oohhed and aaahhed all the way through this...xx