Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Sunset @ the Wee Cottage ~ APR #34

It was especially nice that Jenn chose Sunset as the theme for this week's Artist's Play Room. MayBE BEcause the time changed, or perhaps BEcause I am feeling better about myself going to sleep AFTER the sun has set. All summer I felt silly going to sleep while it was still light out.

Anyway, it was perfect since it gave me a good reason to get messy in my matte medium and up to my elbows painting with paper. I even painted a bit with paint, but all that's moot Now. What is forever amazing to me is my love of layering and building and seeing whole layers disappear yet still have a presence.

A good deal of my fun was using a bunch of the milk carton papers I've been painting. I read about this in  Somerset Studio Volume 16 Issue 4 July/August 2012. I'm always looking for new things to upcycle and this milk carton paper is my latest find. Who knew?!

I also used up some leftover papers from my "juicy" mango APR awhile back, and generally just let loose and played. I even took some photos along the way, a different practise for me, and who knows, mayBE those photos will see another Life one day...






just add water silly's blog hop link

13 comments:

Leovi said...

Pretty colors. I love this wonderful work of art.

Alice said...

wow! i love this! all those pieces of paper and wonderful,juicy color! just beautiful :)

Linda Richardson said...

that's fantastic, colourful, sunsetty, upcycled art!

Hwee said...

I like this interpretation of the theme. Very nice, colourful collage!

Terrie said...

Creative, clever and just a perfect sunset! I love the shapes and bright colors you collaged together....this is a winner!

The Artful Diva said...

this layering technique is quite interesting. I have never heard of milk carton paper - have to check that out!

Gloria j Zucaro said...

This is so interesting to look at and the colors are beautiful. What holds it all together, glue? medium?

Jennifer McLean said...

OOh, I really love this collage Currie. eautiful coloration and balance, wow.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! So full of color! I am not familiar with milk carton paper so I'll go have a look!

TwinkleToes2day said...

Ooh I do love a good collage and this is BEautiuos indeedy. The colours put together are so striking and let one fall in and explore and feel the warmth. LOVe it! :0) Mo

VonnyK said...

This is fabulous, I love all the colours and how clever that is made form lots of bits of paper. Excellent.
Von

Rita said...

This is just beautiful! :)

Tracey FK said...

I love this... the textures and colours work perfectly together... really stunning
T xx