Friday, January 4, 2013

4 January 2013 ~ The Story So Far



“Look within. Within is the fountain of good, and it will ever bubble up, if thou wilt ever dig.” –Marcus Aurelius
Sitting quietly with ourselves is something we too often forget to do. Why is that? Is it because we are afraid of what we might find in that silence? What might we find if we dig not into the stockpiles of answers outside ourselves, but within, instead? Might we discover the wellsprings of that fountain of good?
Today, how can you dig within to free the goodness and wisdom you possess?
Your Daily Rock from Patti Digh 

I am a digger. I enJOY the process of digging. It’s always a surprise and often sheer deLIGHT. And in recent years, learning to live alone again and creating a new Life in a new-to-me place on the Planet, I have grown immensely fond of going within and encouraging my little bulbs to bloom. They never fail yet they can surely BE unpredictable.

What I know Now that I didn’t know, through the previous years, was that I am Enough for me. [and that has been great comfort since oftentimes the others in my Life found me to BE either TOO Much or NOT Enough] I don’t always know exactly where to look or what to look FOR, but I enJOY the process of finding out. In fact, I seek out opportunities for digging Adventure.

The path to answers zigs and zags and sometimes even nauseates me, like a rollercoaster ride. However, where I have been known to “throw” a tantrum in my impatience, I am Now confident that I can sit quietly with myself for as long as it takes.

And I also ask myself, in the nicest and NOT in the least condescending way, really good questions. [I’m even prone to giving myself a good pat on the back !!!] Just this morning I did this and what a difference!!

No comments: