Monday, January 7, 2013

7 January 2013 ~ The Story So Far




“Three things in human life are important: the first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind.” — Henry James 
We all need a little help sometimes. And often, we need help but no one knows it. For many of us, it is so hard to ask for help. Or, we may not have any idea what kind of help might be useful. Today, how can you pay attention to what is both said and unsaid in your life (by co-workers, family members, community partners) and make a small gesture in their direction to say “I care”?
How can you be someone’s angel in even a small way today?
Your Daily Rock from Patti Digh 

Perhaps by showing up and following through. 

MayBE by simply thinking a good thought for someone who tends to chafe me. 

Quite possibly by just BEing Present. 

When I am feeling unwell it is all the more important to treat others with love, honour, and respect.

I wrote the above earlier, BEfore Morning Adventure… 

It turned out I was able to BE someone’s angel by listening, making room, and Staying NOT Going. 

It brought up some deep and dark stuff in me and I had to make my heart grow bigger than it felt able to or I felt able to…

“All I have is a voice.” –W.H. Auden
You have a voice.You don’t need to find it.You just need to use it.
What do you long to say?
Your Daily Rock from Patti Digh
Oh I long to say how much I love and cherish and treasure the good and even the NOT-so good. 

To say how happy I am to have made some internal and intentional decisions about myself and my Life. 

And to some I long to say just that I am here and a thought of YOU has brightened my day.

Yet again a later in the day entry... 

I would like the voice in my head to have said nicer things about the people at the laundry and on the bus today in the rain. 

I HEAR that voice like a loudspeaker and I am sure I would like to say to it SHUT UP!!! PULEEEZE!!!

2 comments:

stefanie stark said...

It is always so fascinating to read your thoughts. I love the "keep it very simple" note as well. Many many thanks for sharing and a happy new year to you!

Rita said...

The first step in shutting off that voice in your head that is negative and judging is to be doing just exactly what you are doing--noticing it and telling it to shut up! ;) Whoohoo!! :):)