Thursday, December 5, 2013

Life's Lessons #5 BE Thoughtful


Even though I think I am pretty much a thoughty sort, I am often so NOT thoughtful it can knock me over with a blink.

I am especially aware of this tendency when I am trying to get help with something from a customer service person. I am already halfway to BEing all sighs and eye-rolls when really, I haven't allowed room for the other person to simply Show Up.

Today I was back and forth and forth and back and upside down and inside out with having my telephone number ported from one place to another and then back again when I realised I was putting myself in a worse predicament.

I was so confused at one point that I could NOT remember which company I was talking to and my notes were blurring all together into one blob of ink on paper.

The thing that woke me up was the kindness. The listening. The understanding. 

It wasn't just one person. Or one place. It was like a little chorus of kindness singing just for me. Who knew?!

I'd had a meltdown a few weeks back over all this and I thought I was headed there again. Instead, I took a breath. I looked at things with some real thought and decided that I want to BE so thoughtful as the woman I was speaking with.

It wasn't HUGE, probably she is just as kind and thoughty with everyone, but somehow the giant voice prompt machine got us together and suddenly I saw how I am really NOT all alone out here in the World...

BE Thoughtful. That's something I want to BE.


2 comments:

Sherri B. said...

We all have those moments when we need to stop and take a breath...I've definitely been there! I loved your images and your thoughts! Have a great weekend. :)

Rita said...

Yes! You never know when your thoughtfulness and kindness might help somebody else out on a rough day like they did for you. :) Good reminder.