Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Life's Leanings #15 Fix My Thoughts


I am one of those people who has finally stopped trying to fix other people. 

[Although, if I am honest, sometimes I DO have reams of brain-paper ideas for someone else's improvement.]

I am one of those people who has been waiting to get to the place where I am okay with ME and NOT constantly focused on what is WRONG with me that I feel needs to BE fixed.

As I read through my Feedly of the past couple days this morning I came upon a couple of great posts by people I admire and both of them seemed to give me the seed for today's post.

What I realise Today that I may NOT have known to BE true for me BEfore Right Now is that I Have and AM Enough. 

And yes, I know my word for 2013 was Enough, but this is something altogether else.

I no longer have WANTS and I am really clear that my NEEDS are pretty basic.

I might live in a World which has things [toys] that I think I might like HAVING, but I also live in a person who knows that HAVING only feeds the WANTER inside me.

I may wish I could "afford" to play and DO something, or several somethings, but I KNOW that I don't NEED those things to BE Happy Right Now.

While I am NOT someone who quotes Bible stuff, I know good words when I read them:
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Philippians 4:8
As this new year continues unfolding itself, I am "fixing my thoughts" ON those things that are essential and meaningful to ME; NOT those things I want or canNOT afford to pay for Right Now, but on the What Is and especially on the what I may have overlooked in my fix-it mode. 

I am extraordinarily rich in those resources that help me bend my brain in the right-for-me Right Now direction.

Many thanks to those who share their writing with those, like me, who are reading...


No comments: