Friday, January 3, 2014

Life's Leanings #3 Rediscover "I Don't Know"


One of the best things I learned when I was learning to BE a teacher was that saying I don't know is one of the smartest things a person can say.

And then, somewhere along the way, I found myself a LOT less willing to utter those words. 

Like there was something NOT GOOD about NOT knowing.

I've been noticing that people even OLDER than I am struggle a LOT with this, too.

So I am thinking mayBE it's time I rediscover this lovely phrase.

Practise it.

Embrace it.

Own it.

What I don't know would blow you away; it surely does blow me away!!

I don't know what I am going to write each morning when I BEgin, but then it really doesn't matter. 

I'm just showing up and DOing it.

I'm going to really lean into saying this, feeling this, BElieving and BEing this I Don't Know Currie.

I am going to think like her especially when I am all up in my head passing judgments like I think I know EVERYthing.

I am going to try saying these words out loud several times a day.

I don't know...

YAY!!

I don't know I don't know I don't know I don't know!!!!


No comments: