Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Life's Leanings #8 Just Breathe


It is NOT anything I am proud of, but I can have a bit of an attitude sometimes. I can BE impatient. Argumentative. An eye-rolling sigher.

I am learning that if I want to shift this, or even if I have any dream of NOT DOing it anymore, I have to start in the moments of every day when I would DO these things.

I am learning to use Mmmmmmmm. I am remembering that Ahhhhhhh and Ohhhhhhh and even WOW are far better than any words EVER were.

And most of all I am learning to just breathe. In and out. Quieting my busy brain that runs on words and sighs and eye rolls.

Sometimes it is actually disarming to DO these things. Which, if I am honest, is all I was hoping for with my previous knee-jerk responses.

Another thing is that sometimes I might JUST learn something by listening instead of reacting with words. Just DO It is another remedy I am finding useful.

And so, that's where I'm leaning today. 

Mmmmmmmm...


No comments: